Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Young Adult with Brains

I just hung up from a follow up call with a guy who clearly sounded 20-30 years younger than me. He lives inland and wants to come to the beach for a weekend with his friends to celebrate his birthday. I didn't ask which birthday, but needed to find out a bit more before I waived my three night minimum for a very "un-busy" weekend in May.

He was real up front that there would only be 6 sleeping there (yeah right "Joey I know you're toasted, but you've got to drive back to Corona because we might get caught with too many people here") because he knew there was a limit. He was also real up front that they'd be partying in downtown Oceanside - which is fine, after all, I understand, I was young once.

I listened, preparing in my head to tell him, "no our 3 day minimum is strict" when he said "hey this is a condo isn't it? I'm a little concerned about someone making noise when they come back to the place." Whew, a young adult with brains. Why make hassle for yourself? I quickly referred him to someone who rents in an area where the neighbors might enjoy a little party on a Saturday night and where he won't be hassled unless his friends don't have any brains! Hope he has a great birthday party and that he'll come back to stay with us when he's having a chill long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a considerate kid who thinks of others before thinking for himself! They are quite a rarity, but at least there are some decent young people out there who actually follow the rules and act selflessly even in the most ordinary of days.







    Please visit our website! Gulluk Rentals

    ReplyDelete